Being afraid of being caught up in tense situations is part and parcel of life. We can never predict when we are caught up in danger, but we can always prevent it from happening. We should be prepared to worse the worst of calamities. It is necessary to be alert to avoid any harsh situations which might come our way!
Let us look at five situations wherein we are most likely to experience and the things we should watch out for.
We all love parties, don’t we? It could sound fun and games to all of us but here are few steps which we should keep in mind before jumping out into the evening:
- Don’t leave your booze unattended. Someone could pop anything into it.
- Make sure you know how you are getting back home when you leave a party. If you are a minor, make sure your parent or older sibling picks you up. If you are an adult, a taxi or a driver works too.
- Make sure that at least someone knows the exact address of where you are headed to, just in case something ugly happens.
2. Safety of the car
Know that wearing a seatbelt when you are driving is essential when you are making. Keep a check on these things to ensure a safe commute-
- Maintain a right amount of fuel when you are travelling. You can never predict the traffic or a long detour. So to avoid shutting down of the car, having fuel is always better. It also saves you from awkwardness.
- Lock the door and roll up the windows before you leave the car.
- If you ever happen to get caught up in an accident, call two people. Firstly, the health services if someone is injured. And then your insurance company to assess the car damages.
- Never drink and drive. It will never get you any good.
Almost all of us are working in safe environments, but we cannot predict when danger may come to us, unwelcomed.
If your workspace imposes threats to you, like if you work at a construction area or similar-
- Handle the work equipment with utmost safety, especially the power tools.
- Wear the correct headgear.
If you work in an office-
Be well versed with the fire or earthquake protocols.
Make sure you practice fire drills correctly.
You should report any abusive behaviour or harassment to the HR, without second thoughts.
Due to technology and its advancements in today’s date, travelling is safer than it used to be. It is still very essential to make sure that we take precautions everytime we set out to travel.
- Make sure you know where your emergency exits are when you are at any mode of transport- be it air, sea or land.
- Keep your belongings around you, or at least in your cone of vision.
- Dress smartly; you don’t want to be running around in heals in case of emergency evacuations.
5. Fests and Concerts
People are too much into fests and concerts these days. And so are the crimes that happen along with it. So when you go for such an event, keep this in mind-
- Try to be sober when you attend such an event. This way, you will always be alert to your surroundings.
- Be away from crowded spots, or you might get caught in a stampede.
- Keep at least two meeting points with your friends in case anyone gets lost.
No one can be fully prepared for emergency situations, but you can be cautious. Do let your friends and family know about these tips. I am sure it will surely benefit them! Do let us know your suggestions on safety in the comment section below.