The modern-day dating has made this world closer to us than ever! This technology paves the way for finding out information, exploring different opportunities, meeting new people and even developing relationships. As a result, Online dating has become a popular trend in the modern era. People are enthusiastic to find their partners through online dating websites and applications.
Little do they know that there is a huge difference between real relationships and those virtual ones. Most of the time, these virtual relationships turn out to be nothing but a trap.
But, don’t worry we are here to help you. Following is a list of terminologies related to modern-day relationships. Have a look at them and be cautious not to get trapped the next time!
Ghosting is the act of suddenly disappearing after one or two dates. When your potential partner is ignoring you and not answering your calls or text messages, and is not willing to meet up, you’ve been ghosted. This is a common phenomenon nowadays, and psychologists are worried because this leaves a negative impact on the other person. They begin to question themself and think that their personality lacks something.
Ghosting can better be understood as an act of fooling around for one or two dates and then completely disappearing from the other person’s life as if you never met them.
If you’ve been ghosted, the following points might help you:
- The first thing which you need to do is stop blaming yourself. You are nowhere responsible for the actions of others.
- Secondly, don’t be of the opinion that something might be stopping the ghost from answering your calls or messages. That would be complete foolishness.
- Lastly, Move on. Don’t wait for them to come back. After all, it was too early to call it a relationship. Moving on at this stage would not be too emotionally draining for you.
Mosting is ‘next-level ghosting.’ Under this, the person first traps you into thinking that only you are meant for him/her, and after that, they suddenly disappear from your life. This is a more dangerous form of ghosting. Most men use this trick to make a girl fall into the trap with his sweet words.
What should you do?
- Don’t trust people easily.
- Let their actions show you the truth rather than their words because anyway, actions speak louder than words.
- Don’t be too quick to judge people easily.
Next step for Ghosters and Monsters is orbiting. After disappearing from your life for a good amount of time, they come back into your life and start giving gestures like commenting on your pictures, liking and sharing your posts just to confuse you. Though they still tend to ignore your messages, they make their presence felt through their gestures.
According to experts, Orbiters are just lurking around to confuse you, and there is absolutely no romantic context behind their gestures.
What should be done?
- The only solution is to block that person from all your social media accounts and to add their contact into your blacklist.
The term Gatsbying comes from the main character of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel. In this novel, the character of Gatsby is portrayed as a person who would arrange lavish parties hoping that the women he loved would join them too. Similarly, most of the people want to draw the attention of a particular person towards themselves through their social media posts and stories. These posts are intentionally meant to catch the attention of the person.
Most of the times, the targeted person is unable to understand that the posts are about them and hence they do not react to them.
If you often tend to follow the method of gatsbying, here’s what you need to do:
- Say what you need to say directly rather than adopting methods that are unlikely to give you any response.
- Stop trying to catch the attention of the person who is unbothered about you.
Serendipidating shows a person’s fear of commitment. Most of the people do not want to be in committed relationships. They always want to communicate with new people thinking that what they don’t have might be better than what they already have.
Clear signs of serendipidating are delaying dates, appearing to be emotionless while communicating, showing disinterest in the meeting.
What you should do:
- Call it quits- The perfect thing which you should do in such a case.
Breadcrumbing is the act of not rejecting a person directly, but appearing in their life from time to time as and when the situation suits you. Breadcrumbs show their interest in you from time to time through social media messages and text messages. They casually flirt with you without giving signs of serious commitment.
What should you do?
- Treat the casual flirting as casual flirting only and don’t go too over the board thinking that the other person is seriously into you.
- Let their actions speak louder than their words.
Under stashing, a person is reluctant to introduce their partner to his family or friends. His family or friends don’t know about his relationship. Stashing can take place even when two people have been together for a long time.
In such a situation, do the following:
- There is no other solution but to ask your partner the reason for this behavior.
- Don’t take your relationship to the next level until you are very sure about the true intentions of your partner.
I hope that you are now well aware of the modern-day dating terminologies. If you encounter any such situations in the future, you know what to do. Remember that no matter what happens in your life, always give yourself the priority. Don’t be too hard on yourself and stop complaining about other people’s behavior because life is too short to do that. Just move on, and you’ll be the happiest that you’ve ever been.