Summer beauty hacks to help you survive summer-People who stay far off from the equator are always looking forward to outdoor activities, and they start planning them out whereas half of the crowd is excited to get a good tan. A lot of us plan our vacations during summers, and people move far and wide exploring summers of various places. Summer can be beautiful, but it does bring with it serious health concerns.
We have some tips for you today! These remedies will fix your concerns during summers. All of us deal with these issues, so be sure you read the entire article thoroughly to be able to enjoy your summer to the maximum!
- Deodorants work only if you know how to use them right. Apply deo in the evening before hitting the bed. This way you let the active elements in the deo to clog the sweat ducts. Applying it in the morning makes the active components wash away with sweat and do not work.
- Eating spicy food, alcohol, and coffee in the hot weather will react with your body.
- To avoid excessive sweating, try some natural hacks. For closing pores, apple cider vinegar is just something you may need! Apply some in your armpits. Yogurt thoroughly the next morning. Or you could choose to apply a baking soda and cornstarch mixture for half an hour. Wash well after that. Rubbing lemon juice also kills bacteria present in the sweaty areas. Rubbing potato slices absorbs excess water, thereby reducing sweat from the skin.
- Sweating also stains our outfits; you can get rid of them, however! Make a thick paste of baking soda and add some water to it. Apply this paste to the stained areas and let it stay for about 10 minutes. Later, wash it off normally with detergent.
Read also: 11 Beauty Tips for healthy skin
- Choose a sunblock that can protect you from UVA and UVB both. SPF should be a minimum of 30, as recommended by docs.
- Apply the sunblock 30 mins before going out in the sun and reapply after staying long hours in the sun. Keep a towel handy if you sweat a lot.
- If your workstyle demands you to stay in the sun for long hours, then do more than sunscreen! Wear fuller clothes or maybe wear a hat. Dark clothes can block the sun more than light-colored garments.
- If you somehow managed to get a sunburn, don’t worry! We have something for you. Yogurt, cold milk, aloe, and cucumber are the perfect remedy to relieve you from pain. You could also take a nice bath with apple cider vinegar for that matter.
3. Melting makeup
- Gently massage your face and neck with an ice cube before you apply makeup. Pat dry using a clean cloth.
- Go for light base makeup instead of heavy, oily makeups. Choose the powdered makeup and keep the layers as low as you can.
4. Drying of Skin
- Consume food that is rich in protein and anti-oxidants. Collagen growth will be induced in your body keeping it youthful and wrinkle-free.
- Give up on chemical peels which include glycolic acids and retinoids. This makes our skin vulnerable to sensitivity during the harsh summer months.
5. Hair issues
- Tight hairdos damage your hair so you should keep switching from a variety of hairstyles from time to time.
- Wash your hair 2-3 times a week, not beyond that. Your scalp will be prone to drying if you wash it more often. If your hair gets greasy too soon, clean it with just water without using shampoo. Go for dry shampoo only if it is required.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or use products that will give you protection from UV rays.
6. Oily face
- Don’t use cleansers that use aggressive elements to prevent over-drying of the skin. Avoid ingredients like petroleum jelly or mineral oil that can clog the pores.
- Stir oatmeal with hot water with a dash of honey to treat oily skin. Apply this mix for 3 minutes and then rinse using water.
7. Acne breakouts
- Stay away from starchy food to keep a check on your acne. Consume fruits and vegetables often to keep your body replenished with vitamins, antioxidants and other essential components.
- Acne on body calls for changing clothes and opting for loose garments instead. Wash your clothes often if you are habituated to sweating while you wear clothes.
8. Heat rash
- Wear clothes made of natural fabrics as much as you can.
- To relieve any irritation of the skin, use a teabag compress. Apply cool tea bags on your skin. You can make this by merely refrigerating the tea bags after you make yourself some tea.
- Stay dry as much as you can. Use ACs and to keep yourself fresh and dry. Take showers and workout outside only when the temperatures are lighter.
- Use aloe vera pulp and apply it over the skin about two times a day. It can soothe your skin instantly.
A lot of problems simply arise because of dehydration. Our body spends a lot of water during the hot climate, and hence we should make sure we keep consuming water periodically. This will help you prevent many health or skin-related issues.
Do let us know about your beauty hacks during the summers! How do you beat the heat?